As times have changed, many people feel uncomfortable about asking for special requests from other people. Or think it is an unusual request and are embarrassed to ask. Hotel clerks understand the many reasons people come to stay at the hotel and have seen all and done all! Below I will talk about some of the many requests that you should not hesitate to ask for to help make your stay better.
- If you call the hotel desk that you will be staying at, instead of using an online booking site, you may be able to receive a discounted price if you ask. Many hotels pay up to a 30% fee for using them. So if you call the hotel direct, and ask for a discount they just may be able to do that. Also staying at an independently owned hotel offers much more flexibility at lowering rates than chain hotels are able to.
- There may be times that you are staying at a hotel just to get away and would like for people to not be able to find you. Hotel clerks will be happy to help you with this. They can put an alert to the other clerks to say that you are not a guest there. They can also advise you on where to park your car so that it is not readily visible to other people driving by.
- Many hotels offer a continental breakfast. A continental breakfast can range from a small breakfast with muffins, cereal, and juice to a big hot breakfast buffet. If a hotel offers both, most generally the hot breakfast buffet is paid for separately. When you call the hotel to make your reservation, a lot of times you can ask for the hot breakfast buffet to be included and they will usually grant that request.
- Are you frequently traveling to the same area? Try to always book at the same hotel room. This way you will get to know the staff and they will treat you differently. You will be more likely to receive special upgrades, discounts, and offers of free tickets to local events.
- The desk clerks most generally may have any of the little things you may be missing. Before running to the store late at night when you realized your forgot your tooth brush, be sure to check at the desk first. They can accommodate with extra towels, razors, and toiletries.
- Lastly, if you are planning for a special stay, the hotel clerks are always more than excited to help you stage the room. Hotels have seen families book a room to celebrate a child’s birthday party at the pool to celebrating an anniversary, one of the most common reasons clerks have seen. At the time you are calling to make the hotel reservation, simply ask the clerk about coming prior to the stay to bring in supplies and to make notes about how you want the stuff set up in the room. There may be times that you can request to speak to the manager and they can take care of getting the items you would like in the room and have it set up for you for an added fee to your bill! How awesome and easy is that?